From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ripper that generates song titles?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 20:38:18
1 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > I went to the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) yesterday and
4 > indulged in a buying spree of 18 CD sets of my fave music (basically
5 > anything pop/rock/country pre-Beatles). I now have over 20 CDs that I
6 > want to rip to flac eventually. I dread the gruntwork in renaming
7 > tracks like track01.cdda.wav, etc. What Gentoo ebuilds are there for
8 > stuff that'll get ahold of track titles? Is it in the form of metadata
9 > on the CD?
10
11 I use a package called mp3c, but I have nodified the configs to do flac
12 instead, but its a decent program and uses the freedb database to look
13 up titles.
17 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
18 How do
19 you spend it?
20
21 John Covici