From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: first water cooled system
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 18:00:52
1 Hello,
2
3 My first water cooled AMD (FX8350) system build,
4 my first Gigabyte mobo, so I have questions.
5
6 Equipment
7
8 Cooler: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer
9 Chasis: Thermaltake Level 10 GTS V03000
10 Mobo: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
11 CPU: AMD FX8350
12
13 Ok, so the chasis came with a rear fan that
14 is the same size as the (2) fans supplied
15 in the water cooler package. Can I just
16 use the original fan and one of the new fans?
17
18 Sequence of Construction:
19
20 Mount mobo in chasis first. Install CPU
21 into mobo. Mount radiator and second fan
22 to the original rear chassis fan.
23 Then use the supplier grease on the cooler
24 to mate the pump to the cpu (bracket
25 details followed). Other steps or
26 order of installation tips?
27
28 I did purchase a syringe of fancy
29 thermal grease (Arctic Silver 5).
30 Should I wipe the pump clean and use
31 this grease instead of what the kit
32 shipped with?
35 OS Installation.
36
37 OK so now I'd have the system completed.
38 Since cooling is critical, I guess I first
39 power up go into the bios and setup the specs
40 (4.0 GHZ with no over-clocking for now) and monitor
41 the temperature to ensure the pump/cooler are
42 working?
43
44 Just being cautious as to not end up with burnt toast;
45 so any and all words of advise are welcome.
48 tentatively,
49 James