From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nautilus - open in same window
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 09:59:07
1 Mark Knecht schreef:
2 > Hi, I feel bad asking for this info again. Holly or someone else here
3 > told me what app to run a year ago but I don't seem to be able to
4 > find my notes anymore. The effects of age I think...
5 >
6 > I want to edit Gnome's configuration so that Nautilus opens new
7 > folders in the same window but I'm not finding any config editor on
8 > my machine who's name makes sense to fix this. What's it called these
9 > days?
10 >
11 > Thanks in advance, Mark
14 Previously, you had to:
15
16 gconf-editor=>apps=>nautilus=>preferences=>check 'Always use browser'
17
18 .. and you can still do that.
19
20 But now, you can also just use the Preferences in Nautilus itself:
21
22 > BehaviorTab
23 >
24 > The Behavior tab allows you to specify that Nautilus should Always
25 > open in browser windows. If you check this option, opening a folder
26 > displays the directory's contents in the current window. This
27 > behavior may be more familiar to those users accustomed to using the
28 > Start Here icon. You can also choose to include a delete option that
29 > bypases the Trash bin.
30
31 Essentially, you want to turn off the "Spatial Nautilus" function (which
32 opens every folder in a new window, because somehow that's supposed to
33 make more sense to people), and return to the 'old' behaviour (browser),
34 which is what this does (because so many people did not like the new
35 behaviour, and objected to it only being changeable in gconf-editor,
36 which is not the most intuitive of tools).
37
38 HTH,
39 Holly
40 --