From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't login with a normal user
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:27:10
1 Hi,
2
3 On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:53:44 +0200 Jan-Hendrik Zab <xaero@×××.de> wrote:
4
5 > Hey,
6 > for a few days now I'm unable to log in to my PC[0] with a normal user
7 > (root works just fine). The following error is printed:
8 >
9 > /bin/zsh: Permission denied
10
11 - noexec partition (unlikely, since more or less nothing would work), or
12 - PAM getting angry, maybe because your /etc/shells doesn't contain the
13 shells?
14
15 If it's none of these, check the system log. PAM should monitor the
16 reason. If that doesn't tell anything, try running "strace -f su - youruser"
17
18 -hwh
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list