From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How do I turn my audio up?
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 17:32:55
1 Hi, Gentoo!
2
3 On my PC's audio, whilst playing CDs, with all volume settings maxed out,
4 the volume can't be said to be louder than "comfortable and sensible".
5 In quiet passages, the music gets drowned out by the noise of the power
6 supply. I know from plugging in my iPod that the loudspeakers are
7 capable of much more.
8
9 The three volume controls up at full are (i) the one in aqualung; (ii)
10 the one in alsamixer; (iii) the physical control on the right speaker.
11
12 Surely I can get more volume, somehow. Could somebody please suggest
13 how. TIA
16 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).