From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnucash pulls in firefox (when I already have firefox-bin)
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 04:09:13
1 On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:39:12 -0700, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
4 >
5 > > treat Virtual Machines # emerge -at gnucash
6 > >
7 > > These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
8 > >
9 > > Calculating dependencies... done!
10 > > [ebuild N ] app-office/gnucash-2.2.3 USE="quotes -chipcard -debug
11 > > -hbci -ofx"
12 > > [ebuild N ] app-doc/gnucash-docs-2.2.0
13 > > [ebuild N ] gnome-extra/yelp-2.20.0 USE="-beagle -debug
14 > > -xulrunner" [ebuild N ] www-client/mozilla-firefox-2.0.0.14
15 > > USE="gnome ipv6 java
16 >
17 > yelp is pulling in firefox because you do not have xulrunner in USE.
18 > firefox-bin is no use, the program needs the header files for either
19 > firefox or xulrunner. The current recommendation is to use xulrunner
20 > instead of firefox in this situation, and in your USE flags.
24 This makes sense, but I thought I already had that covered. Here are the
25 two USE lines in my
26 /etc/make.conf -- note the last few entries in the main one.
27
28 USE="Xaw3d aim apache2 apm bash-completion bcmath -bluetooth calendar caps
29 cscope ctype dbm exif fastcgi foomaticdb gphoto2 guile icq imap imlib java
30 joystick libwww mailwrapper mbox mcal mime mmap mmx motif mpi mysql nis
31 nsplugin odbc offensive openal oscar pic posix postgres ppds ruby samba snmp
32 sockets sse ssl svga symlink sysvipc tetex usb xpm xulrunner yahoo -firefox
33 -seamonkey"
34 USE="$USE tk" # Mostly so that python supports fetchmailconf
35
36 I'll try explicitly tweaking the yelp USE flags, but it looks to me like
37 some weirdness...
38
39 ++ kevin
42 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD