From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mail command and attachment?
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:37:02
1 On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:58:40 -0500, Leonard - Gentoo wrote:
2
3 > Is it possible to send an attachment using the 'mail' command say in a
4 > cronjob? i have a file that i would like sent to me before deleted and
5 > recreated to examine it.. but 'man mail' doesnt exactly suggest that an
6 > attachment is possible
7
8 I don't believe mail will do this, unless you encode the attachment and
9 incorporate it into the mail yourself. mail-client/nail seems to do what
10 you want, describing itself as 'an enhanced mailx-compatible mail client'.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Locutous for Pontiac: Excitment is irrelivent.