From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: fetch restriction bypass
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 19:01:24
1 On 04/30/12 14:50, Michael Mol wrote:
2 > On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 2:42 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Michael Mol <mikemol <at> gmail.com> writes:
6 >>> Use a network-mounted distfiles directory on a common file server?
7 >>> That way, once you've downloaded it once, for any system, the package
8 >>> is right there for the rest.
11 >> Well I do not use NFS or such, but, I do scp the restricted files around.
12 >> My environment is such that it is partitions and systems moved around
13 >> too frequently (used remotely) to use a dist file system.
14 >>
15 >> So, I'd like to bypass the fetch restrictions all together...
16 >> one and for all; any other ideas?
17 >
18 > Patch Portage? Having a local patch like that would depend on whether
19 > or not the Portage ebuild supported particular hooks, but I don't
20 > remember the specifics.
21
22 Won't help because the tarball location isn't in the ebuild. You have to
23 go to the webpage to find it.
24
25 You can patch the ebuild every time, but that takes the same amount of
26 work (on each machine) as wget <foo>.