From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: no audio input
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 10:00:51
1 On 08/29/2009 06:42 AM, Skippy wrote:
2 >
3 > Greetings - I've got a new system, fresh install. Problem I've got in
4 > no audio input from the microphone.
5 >
6 > Trying to record into audacity will not work regardless of which alsa device I select, or mic/line in.
7 >
8 > If I try to record with rezound I'll get a message saying "static
9 > ASoundRecorder* ASoundRecorder::createInitializedSoundRecorder
10 > (CSound*) -- No audio input method could be initialized"
11 >
12 > I can play sound. Audacity and amarok will play.
13 >
14 > I've run alsamixer and kmix to turn up& unmute the microphone.
15 >
16 > The hardware works with WindowsXP, this is a dual boot system.
17 >
18 > Audio is Intel, on the motherboard. The board is MSI X58 Platinum
19 > model MS-7522
20
21 Don't know that this will help, but you should take a look at the
22 "AC97 Quirk Option" section of the ALSA-Configuration.txt file that
23 comes with the linux kernel sources. Worth a try, anyway.