From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] www-client/chromium
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 04:38:01
1 On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:23 AM, Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> I noticed that chromium's code has a lot of vulnerabilities.
4 >> https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=www-client%2Fchromium
5 >> I suppose this is why we see so often version upgrades of it (and it's
6 >> not a small app to build).
7 >> Why is its code so, should I say prone to bugs, compared to
8 >> other browsers?
9 >
10 > You've made an assumption there. Correlation implies causation?
11 >
12 > Perhaps there's more bugs found because of the bounties paid? Or maybe
13 > its because the code is newer than the alternatives.... I don't think
14 > its possible to make a judgement based on the information I have.
15
16 At least one of the "multiple vulnerabilities" bugs linked to a Chrome
17 update notice which didn't list any vulnerabilities. (Well, except a
18 Flash update, which I didn't dig into)
22 :wq