From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-server without suid still runs as root?
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 14:46:19
1 On 25/06/2020 17:24, inasprecali wrote:
2 > How are you starting X in the first place? Are you using a
3 > display manager? Are you running startx?
4 >
5 > In the former case, this is perfectly normal for many display
6 > managers, including SDDM. GDM, if I'm not mistaken, can and does
7 > run X as a regular user if possible. Upstream has been talking
8 > about adding this functionality to SDDM for a while, but so far
9 > it still hasn't been merged.
10
11 Ah, that explains it them. I'm indeed using SDDM (due to its native
12 support in Plasma.)