From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: Dead key on keyboard diagnostic?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 18:34:30
1 James wrote:
2 > showkey shows press and release of ascii '83' so I guess it
3 > working fine. My second delete key works fine, but is in an
4 > awkward location on the keyboard.
5
6 On my keyboard the "normal" Delete key produces keycode 111, and the
7 Del key on the numeric pad produces keycode 53. Are you using the
8 numeric Del as your normal delete key? Then NumLock should be off,
9 otherwise it'll produce a decimal point.
10
11 > Any ideas how to fix this? new map? When I boot
12 > (2.6.14-gentoo-r6) the laptop, I get an error messge about :
13 > System.map not found can not check symbols
14
15 That is something different entirely. When you install your kernel
16 (which normally means copying bzImage to the /boot dir) you have to
17 copy the System.map file (from the top dir of the kernel source)
18 along with it, although this file is really only needed when you get
19 oopses, so the kernel is able to tell in what function it occurs.
20
21 Benno
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list