From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recommended way to shut down akonadi
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 03:25:55
1 On June 6, 2016 12:13:16 AM GMT+02:00, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >I run enlightenment DE with a few KDE apps, including KDEPIM and with
3 >the
4 >arrival of Plasma5 I have migrated most of my systems to this set up.
5 >
6 >On my laptop I run a stand-alone postgresql for KDEPIM's akonadi,
7 >instead of
8 >mysql. Everything was working fine, until a week ago. Shutdown now
9 >takes a
10 >while with akonadi apparently trying to restart, before it eventually
11 >gives
12 >up. This can take up to 90 seconds. The delay goes away if I close
13 >Kmail and
14 >run 'akonadictl stop' in a terminal, before I shutdown from the GUI,
15 >but not
16 >if I just add it in my .xsession. Perhaps my syntax is wrong, or there
17 >may be
18 >a better way to achieve the same. The contents of my .xsession are:
19 >
20 >===================================
21 >#!/bin/sh
22 >if [ -x /usr/bin/gpg-agent ]; then
23 > kill $(ps ux | awk '/gpg-agent/ && !/awk/ {print $2}') >/dev/null 2>&1
24 >fi
25 >
26 >if [ -x /usr/bin/gpg-agent ]; then
27 > eval "$(/usr/bin/gpg-agent --daemon)"
28 >fi
29 >
30 ># Uncomment the following lines to start rxvt-unicode which has the
31 >ability to
32 ># run multiple terminals in one single process, thus starting up faster
33 >and
34 ># saving resources.
35 ># The --opendisplay ensures that the daemon quits when the X server
36 >terminates,
37 ># therefore we don't need matching lines in agent-shutdown.sh.
38 >
39 >if [ -x /usr/bin/urxvtd ]; then
40 > /usr/bin/urxvtd --opendisplay --fork --quiet
41 >fi
42 >
43 >#exec ck-launch-session /usr/bin/enlightenment_start
44 >exec /usr/bin/enlightenment_start
45 >/usr/bin/akonadictl stop
46 >wait 4
47 >========================
48 >
49 >The above causes a number of recurring entries in .xsession-errors as
50 >per the
51 >attached log file. Some of the errors look like this:
52 >
53 >rocessControl: Application '/usr/bin/akonadi_maildispatcher_agent'
54 >returned
55 >with exit code 1 (Unknown error)
56 >akonadi_agent_launcher: cannot connect to X server :0.0
57 >ProcessControl: Application '/usr/bin/akonadi_agent_launcher' returned
58 >with
59 >exit code 1 (Unknown error)
60 >ProcessControl: Application '/usr/bin/akonadi_migration_agent' returned
61 >with
62 >exit code 1 (Unknown error)
63 >akonadi_agent_launcher: cannot connect to X server :0.0
64 >akonadi_newmailnotifier_agent: cannot connect to X server :0.0
65 >
66 >*after* akonadi has already reported:
67 >
68 >Application 'akonadiserver' exited normally...
71 >So if it has exited normally, why are all these processes left hanging
72 >and
73 >keeping postgresql mulling it over for 90 seconds or so, before it
74 >eventually
75 >gives up? If I press Ctrl+Alt+Backspace while sitting there waiting on
76 >a
77 >black VT7 the shutdown process picks up without further delay.
78 >
79 >Is there something I need to correct in my .xsession syntax?
80
81 Running KDE, I don't see this behaviour.
82
83 I think you want to kill the 'kde session' that is started by the kde application(s) during the shutdown process. I'm not certain which process to look for, I'll have a look later when I'm with my desktop.
84
85 Alternatively, kill all programs actually using akonadi. Like kmail and all the systray apps from the kdepim set.
88 Joost
89 --
90 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.