From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Cross-compiling for an unstable architecture.
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 22:21:18
1 Hello,
2
3 So apparently I am single-handedly attempting to stabilize arm64 (at
4 least, it feels that way). Per the "Gentoo on Alternative
5 Architectures" subforum
6 (https://forums.gentoo.org/viewforum-f-32.html) two users have gotten
7 almost everything working, in some cases having to resort to building
8 packages not in @system on-device. Ideally I want to be able to build
9 every package I make use of from my desktop but in some cases this
10 will involve bug reports to the projects to see if they will change
11 their build process.
12
13 However it's gotten to the point where not even building on-device
14 works. I'm experiencing breakage in a lot of core packages that may or
15 may not be related to portage. What is the best way to ask for help?
16 The users on the forums and IRC do not seem to really know how to go
17 about solving some of the problems or do not have the time, and I'm
18 not sure it's polite to open up a bunch of bug reports on
19 https://bugs.gentoo.org. What seems to complicate this is solving some
20 of the issues looks like it will take knowledge only the developers of
21 the corresponding software have.
22
23 R0b0t1.