From: Carlos Hendson <skyclan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [HELP] Intermittent software RAID failures
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:45:33
1 Hello,
2
3 I've got a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop with dual 2.5" hard drives setup
4 using software RAID1. I've had this computer for about a year and half
5 and all's been working well.
6
7 I've experienced intermittent software RAID errors like those found in
8 the "softraid-fail.txt" attachment.
9
10 Initially I suspected a kernel bug because it started around the same
11 time I'd upgraded the kernel (around the 2.6.30 upgrade) but subsequent
12 kernel upgrades haven't improved the situation.
13
14 I've run smartctl --all and bablocks on both disks, but nothing is
15 reported as faulty.
16
17 I don't understand what is causing RAID to report these faults and would
18 like some ideas as to how I can further diagnose the problem.
19
20 Thanks in advance,
21 Carlos

softraid-fail.txt text/plain