From: George Roberts <georoberts@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] lost /lib/security/pam_console.so
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 23:39:40
1 I have been unable to login using gdm even though it is in my /etc/rc.conf:
2 UNICODE="no"
3 EDITOR="/bin/nano"
4 DISPLAYMANAGER="gdm"
5 XSESSION="Gnome"
6
7 Today I checked my system logs and I found these entries:
8
9 Date : July 22 15:32:42
10 Process : gdm[7072]
11 Message : PAM unable to dlopen(/lib/security/pam_console.so)
12 Description :
13
14 Date : July 22 15:32:42
15 Process : gdm[7072]
16 Message : PAM [dlerror: /lib/security/pam_console.so: cannot open shared
17 object file: No such file or directory]
18 Description :
19
20 Date : July 22 15:32:42
21 Process : gdm[7072]
22 Message : PAM adding faulty module: /lib/security/pam_console.so
23 Description :
24
25 Date : July 22 15:32:51
26 Process : login(pam_unix)[6871]
27 Message : session opened for user root by (uid=0)
28 Description :
29
30 Date : July 22 15:33:22
31 Process : -
32 Message : 0: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib/security/pam_console.so)
33 Description :
34
35 Date : July 22 15:33:22
36 Process : -
37 Message : 0: PAM [dlerror: /lib/security/pam_console.so: cannot open
38 shared object file: No such file or directory]
39 Description :
40
41 Date : July 22 15:33:22
42 Process : -
43 Message : 0: PAM adding faulty module: /lib/security/pam_console.so
44 Description :
45
46 Date : July 22 15:33:22
47 Process : xdm(pam_unix)[7301]
48 Message : session opened for user root by (uid=0)
49 Description :
50
51 I have reemerged both pam and pam-login, neither of which has
52 regenerated the needed pam_console.so. Googleing gives me lots of
53 information about what the file does, but not how to get another one.
54 Can anybody give me any hints?
55 --
56 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list