From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Grub2 and is the upgrade a tooth puller.
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 01:19:04
1 On 06/29/2012 05:55 PM, walt wrote:
2 > On 06/29/2012 01:35 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> GRUB and GPT are completely unrelated, I use GRUB2 on machines with
4 >> both DOS and GPT partition tables, you don't need to repartition
5 >> your drive to upgrade your bootloader.
6 >
7 > I didn't make myself clear. I wouldn't hesitate to convert this
8 > machine to GPT (I like it) but I don't know if Windows would like
9 > GPT.
10 >
11 > I guess I should get off my butt and go google it.
12 >
13 > Maybe tomorrow ;)
14
15 Hah! I knew all along that if I waited long enough, David Haller would
16 post a link to this info:
17
18 Microsoft's FAQ is a bit pessimistic. It is possible to boot
19 Windows from a GPT disk on a BIOS-based computer, but the ways
20 to do this are hacks.
21
22 Thanks, David :)
26 This space left intentionally not blank.