From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] hal-0.5.11-r1 and keyboard layout and input issues
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:24:24
1 Dear Gentoo users,
2
3 I have installed the latest stable hal-0.5.11-r1 and hal-info-20080508
4 yesterday, and I give up: i cannot configure the keyboard layout as it
5 was previously in xorg.conf, and i cannot use the left-hand shift (the
6 latter is the annoying part). Here's what i have:
7
8 /etc/X11/xorg.conf
9 Section "InputDevice"
10 Identifier "Keyboard0"
11 Driver "keyboard"
12 Option "CoreKeyboard"
13 Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
14 Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
15 Option "XkbLayout" "gb,fr,ru,ro"
16 Option "XkbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle"
17 Option "XkbVariant" ",,winkeys,std"
18 EndSection
19
20 Trying
21 Driver "evdev"
22 would make X not start any more. I tried playing with
23 /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/10-keymap.fdi to no avail. It
24 seems to me that X uses evdev, no matter what I try. Also, I have only
25 en_US as layout and "left shift" launches xfce's help, although as a
26 shortcut key F1 is disabled here. I also disabled my .Xmodmap.
27
28 Can anyone suggest how to revert to my xorg.conf configuration, and to
29 make "left shift" a "proper" modifier key, again? Thank you,
30 Liviu
34 On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 9:31 AM, Daniel Pielmeier