From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] This nite's switch to "full multilib"
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 13:01:25
1 On Monday 30 March 2015 13:40:12 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 [Re package.use]
4
5 > I find the separate files much easier to manage as all the settings for
6 > each package are kept separate, and easily removed or changed - for
7 > example when I stop using the package. The alternative would be to
8 > comment every entry in the file so I know why I put it there and whether
9 > I still needed it.
10
11 To each his own, of course, but I find the single file much easier to
12 manage. I only ever put things in there if they're required by portage, and
13 the occasional eix-test-obsolete checks that I'm still efficient.
16 Rgds
17 Peter.