From: Davyd McColl <davydm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE: wtf
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 06:10:47
1 Whilst I use KDE, I haven't been brave enough to go full unstable on my
2 system - I try to avoid ~amd64. So my KDE install is stable.
3
4 And if seems your problems are ~-related, as shown by your mentioned
5 version of kwindowsystem (5.48), unlike mine @ 5.46 (and equery concurs).
6 So my advice to you would be to settle back on stable (it's really not that
7 far behind) if you would prefer a working system over fighting issues like
8 this.
9
10 Some people enjoy the process of figuring this stuff out. Some want a
11 working system. Whilst I am a little of both, I'm leaning more towards the
12 latter as I get older and have fewer fucks to give, and it sounds like
13 you're getting there too.
14
15 -d