From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] a multi-process browser?
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 14:44:34
1 On Sonntag 15 Februar 2009, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Sunday 15 February 2009 08:14:28 Mike Kazantsev wrote:
3 > > On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 14:27:08 +0800
4 > >
5 > > zhangweiwu@××××××.com wrote:
6 > > > I don't know if in China network is specially boardband otherwise how
7 > > > to explain the forums dare to allow dozens of hi-res photo posted
8 > > > in-line of messages and web designers dare to design websites with a
9 > > > front page of more than 3MB (e.g. our local tax office website contain
10 > > > huge picture and flash on the front-page with several hundreds of links
11 > > > on it).
12 > >
13 > > You can use on-demand loading for such content with firefox plugins
14 > > like flashblock - it'll load flash only when you click on it. I bet
15 > > there are plenty such plugins for images, as well.
16 >
17 > I'll put a word in here for the NoScript and AdBlock extensions to Firefox.
18 > I'd imagine those are more-or-less essential in China - I certainly
19 > wouldn't like to be without them even here in UK.
20
21 of course konqueror can block ads and scripts without 'extensions' ....