From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Raspberry Pi & Gentoo?
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 17:50:39
1 2014-04-16 12:57 GMT-03:00 Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>:
4 > ...
5 >
6 > When you plan to do Gentoo, spend some time on avoiding much writes to
7 > the SD card if possible; put /var/tmp/portage on external drive, etc...
11 Having a few systems now, all running Gentoo, I use to mount a NFS
12 /usr/portage from a central server, where all portage and "distfiles" are
13 stored for all systems.
14
15 And on some that do use a flash DOM, I plug a common hard disk and mount
16 "/var" to it while emerge'ing. A NFS mount would do if the network is fast
17 enough. And "distcc" always helps.
18
19 Francisco