From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lightdm - can not login
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 22:38:11
1 On Friday, 11 June 2021 18:35:01 BST thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > As for numlock it still not ON.
4 > The solution I think is to install: "x11-misc/numlockx" and point to it the
5 > configuration file. I but I have "numlock" in default run-level
6
7 This is installed as a runlevel script to enable numlock function on the
8 console. For numlock to be enabled when X GUI is running you'd need a DE
9 specific implementation, or either the DM or DE to call the numlockx
10 application.
11
12 > and during
13 > start up the Numlock key turn ON but as soon as the "LightDM" starts, the
14 > Numlock light goes OFF. Installing another application just to turn it ON
15 > is pointless.
16
17 I no longer have lightdm running here, but I understand it runs numlockx when
18 configured to do so.