From: Tim Kruse <irrlicht2c@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel updates
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:55:43
1 * On 27.10.2005 Qian Qiao wrote:
2
3 >> P.S. is there an easy way to confirm which kernel source (gentoo/vanilla)
4 >> was originally installed?
5 >
6 > # cat /var/lib/portage/world> grep sys-kernel
7
8 UUOC
9
10 > The above command should give you the kernel(s) you've emerged.
11
12 Normally the above command should do the trick. But there's a
13 special case where it doesn't work, though. If you installed with
14 the portage option '--oneshot' the package isn't recorded to the
15 world file.
16
17 Then you're still be able to confirm the package, though, if
18 we're imagin that /var/log/emerge.log hasn't been touched (read:
19 hasn't been rotated or such):
20
21 % grep sys-kernel /var/log/emerge.log
22
23 should do the trick then
24
25 So long,
26 tkr
29 ... at least I thought I was dancing, 'til somebody stepped on my hand.
30 -- J. B. White