From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] need files for older ebuild
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 00:46:52
1 On Thu, 09 Aug 2018 18:02:40 -0400,
2 Jack wrote:
3 >
4 > On 08/09/2018 04:57 AM, John Covici wrote:
5 > > Hi. I need to compile gnome-control-center-3.24.3 as 24.4 will not
6 > > compile (filed a bug, but no response). I have saved the old ebuild,
7 > > but it needs something in the files subdirectory and I don't have it
8 > > and it was deleted some time ago. I am using git and I wonder if its
9 > > somehow obtainable from there or from some other location. I need
10 > > this to resolve preserved-lib problem.
11 > >
12 > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
13 > Since you are using git, you should just be able to checkout the
14 > commit prior to the one which removed the needed file(s).  "git
15 > log" should give you enough in formation to identify the target
16 > commit - find the commit which removed the file, then select the
17 > next older one, which is the next one in the log.
20 This is what I was thinking, but I thought there might something on
21 the web which had this kind of stuff.
22
23 Thanks.
26 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
27 How do
28 you spend it?
29
30 John Covici wb2una