From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Again, emerge -e @world related questions...
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2017 23:32:10
1 On 12/08/2017 09:53 AM, Melleus wrote:
2 > I had moved to v 17.0 profile mostly painless, though it was a time
3 > consuming event. But I got one point anyway. Python in my system was
4 > updated from 3.4 to 3.5 and after 3.4 was removed with depclean, the
5 > option for v 3.4 in eselect python remains. It looks a bit weird to me
6 > when I can choose with eselect the version of python that is not
7 > currently present in the system. Is this intended behavior?
8
9 Guessing: no. (What happens if you select it?)
10
11 There might be some python-3.4 stuff left on your system that tricks
12 eselect into thinking that python-3.4 is installed. For example, in
13 eselect-php we do,
14
15 find_targets() {
16 cd "@LIBDIR@" && echo php*.*
17 }
18
19 and that is easily fooled by creating any file in /usr/lib/php-x.y.
20
21 You might have to dig through eselect-python to see how it works, or ask
22 somebody who knows.