From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to fix syslog-ng warning about escaped regexp
Date: Wed, 01 May 2019 17:34:15
1 On Wed, 01 May 2019 07:23:50 -0400, John Covici wrote:
2
3 > > > Hi. Since my last update I get the following warning when syslog-ng
4 > > > runs:
5 > > > awk: cmd. line:130: warning: regexp escape sequence `\"' is not a
6 > > > known regexp operator
7 > > >
8 > > > I could find nothing at bgo or a google search, so I am wondering if
9 > > > anyone knows how to fix this problem? I am running version 3.20.1
10 > > > and perl version 5.28.2.
11 > > >
12 > > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
13 > >
14 > > I was getting this from the makewhatis cron job in man. The solution
15 > > was to replace man, which is deprecated, with man-db.
16 >
17 > How would this help my problem as I am getting nothing from
18 > makewhatis?
19
20 What program is producing the log entries? Or is it syslog-ng itself that
21 is doing so?
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 And on the seventh day God said :wq and then make