From: Kyle Bader <kyle.bader@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Minimal Gentoo with X
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 16:06:37
1 >> Since space is a issue for you, you really only need the kernel sources
2 >> for the kernel you are using.  One could argue that if you have a well
3 >> built kernel and don't plan to change it in the future, you could
4 >> remove its sources too.  I would save a copy of the config tho.
5 >
6 > I'd certainly argue that. A single set of sources can take up more than
7 > half a gigabyte after compilation. If you use make install to install the
8 > kernel, it puts a backup of the config in /boot automatically.
9
10 It is also good to keep the System.map and vmlinux file in case you or
11 someone else needs to debug your kernel traces.
15 Kyle