From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: i486
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 20:13:36
1 David W Noon <dwnoon <at> ntlworld.com> writes:
4 > Try using i686 instead.
5
6 This clearly will not work with a k6 processor
7 or the Geode LX. Recall, I want one set of settings
8 for the make.conf file....
9
10 > flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
11 > mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mp mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
14 These will not all work with all cpus I previously specified....
15 What would be the point of adding:
16 fpu vme de pse tsc msr cx8 pge
17 ???( and I have to vet against what the Geode LX can handle,
18 as that is not yet clear to me either... besides
19 I think all of these get set, automatically with the
20 march=i586 setting, so as to be redundant.....?
21
22 > To the O.P.: your CHOST should be 'i586-pc-linux-gnu' to support all
23 > the processors you have listed, and -march=i586 will allow you to
24 > compile once for all your processors.
25
26 OK, it is as I suspected, only use i586 in lieu of i486,
27 but with this stage-3 file:
28
29 stage3-i486-20101116.tar.bz2
32 thx,