From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [~and64] Headsup for googled the previous one to vmlinu-chrome users
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 20:57:56
1 On Fri, 22 May 2015 12:21:15 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > I didn't even know about make install until I read this thread, I
4 > > always manually copied kernels over.
5
6 > I have always copied mine over manually too. I keep quite a few spares
7 > laying around, just in case.
8
9 Make install only copies the new kernel, it doesn't touch your existing
10 ones. However, if you use symlinks in /boot, it links the new
11 kernel to vmlinuz and the previous one to vmlinuz.old, which removes the
12 need to alter your grub config.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Ifyoucanreadthis,youspendtoomuchtimefiguringouttaglines.