From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE menu missing
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 16:26:00
1 090608 Cristian Gary wrote:
2 > 2009/6/8 Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
3 >> 090608 Mick wrote:
4 >>> The problem remains with most menus and submenus in KDE applications:
5 >>> e.g. right-click on a file in Konqueror, then 'Open With'
6 >>> and there are no applications in the popup to select from .
7 >> Yes, that reminds me that there was also a problem with Krusader,
8 >> which no longer knows what to open files with,
9 >> even after it is told to 'remember' the desired app.
10 >> I also updated to kdebase-kioslaves-3.5.10-r1 ,
11 >> which mb the cause of both problems.
12 >>> Any KDE gurus out there ?
13 >> They're all too busy looking at their reflections in Plasma (smile).
14 > Run in konsole kde 4.2 , " bash$ kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental"
15 > with this you force the rebuild of kde menu.
16
17 We're not using KDE 4 ! -- I don't have any of KDE 4 installed !
18
19 I've remerged Konqueror & Krusader & the problem with the latter remains.
20 I also (already) tried 'kbuildsycoca' :
21
22 501: ~> kbuildsycoca --noincremental
23 kbuildsycoca running...
24 kio (KService*): WARNING: The service/mime type config file
25 application/x-staroffice.desktop
26 does not contain a ServiceType=...
27 or MimeType=... entry
28 kbuildsycoca: ERROR: applications.menu not found in (/home/purslow/.config/menus/)
29 kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'kcertpart.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/binary-certificate'
30 kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'katepart.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'text/x-fortran'
31 kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'knotify.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'KNotify'
32 kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'gvimagepart.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/x-krl'
33
34 Anyone have further suggestions ?
38 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
39 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
40 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca