From: Leonardo Guilherme <leonardo.guilherme@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Switching current java-vm for a single application
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 17:18:18
1 Hello.
2
3 I'm using OpenJDK JVM regularly on my machine instead of Oracle's one,
4 primarily because of the infinality patches and because I prefer open
5 source software.
6
7 There are some applications, though, that do not play ball with it (namely,
8 SenchaCmd) and I have to keep switching back and forth between installed
9 java-vms just to run it.
10
11 I know nothing about Java or its environment, is there a way to specify the
12 java-vm just for this application instead of doing "eselect java-vm set
13 user 1; sencha *stuff*; eselect java-vm set user 3" everytime?
14
15 Is there a set of environment variables that can do this? Shall I wrap the
16 command in a shell script? Ideas?