From: Paul Colquhoun <paulcol@×××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dynamic IP address services.
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 03:48:04
1 On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 17:54:20 Paul Colquhoun wrote:
2 > On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 06:17:07 Stroller wrote:
3 > > Can anyone recommend a free dynamic IP address service.
4 > >
5 > > I've used DynDNS in the past, but I think they discontinued their free
6 > > accounts.
7 > >
8 > > I've been using DTdns.com until recently, but have somehow managed to lock
9 > > myself out of my account, so will need to create a new one and thought I'd
10 > > check here for recommendations first.
11 > >
12 > > All I need to do at the moment is access a single host behind a home
13 > > router, although it would be nice if there was a free service with room
14 > > for 2 or 3 hosts in case I need to add more.
15 > >
16 > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
17 >
18 > I've been using noip.com for years with no problems.
19 >
20 > There is even an up to date version of their client in portage.
23 Actually, this was removed a while back, as it wasn't being maintained, and
24 I'm using a copy of the ebuild I saved locally.
25
26 Sorry for the incorrect information.
30 Reverend Paul Colquhoun, ULC. http://andor.dropbear.id.au/
31 Asking for technical help in newsgroups? Read this first:
32 http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#intro