From: Fabrizio Prosperi <fprosper@×××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] aterm do crash displaying long files, konsole don't: swappiness problem?
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 09:28:27
1 Me again, of course it wasnt't emerge --pretend, it was emerge --update
2 world :)
3 Fabrizio
4
5 On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 10:52:06AM +0200, Fabrizio Prosperi wrote:
6 > Hi all, I am experiencing this strange problem.
7 > Doing a long emerge -up world aterm kept crashing and I thought it was
8 > an emerge problem, but then I focused on a particular emerge
9 > (mozilla-firefox) and I realised it was it.
10 >
11 > Just doing cat /var/log/portage/<that-log>.log
12 > is making aterm crash again, but not konsole.
13 >
14 > I guess I something with swappiness settings, but how to fix it?
15 > And why konsole is not affected by it?
16 >
17 > Any help appreciated.
18 > Fabrizio
21 > --