From: Wol <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel config thingy, "make menuconfig"
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 21:03:44
1 On 16/01/2022 18:41, Dale wrote:
2 > Wols Lists wrote:
3 >> On 16/01/2022 06:06, Dale wrote:
4 >>> I got nconfig to work.  The others didn't because of missing packages.
5 >>> It's interesting how many different ways there is to config a kernel.  I
6 >>> went to a link that was posted, still reading it.  May learn something
7 >>> else, if I can remember it when I need it.  lol
8 >>
9 >> Apart from the fact I think I lost /var in my recent rebuild, I set up
10 >> dokuwiki on my system and used it to make notes of all sorts of
11 >> interesting stuff.
12 >>
13 >> If you can't remember things, find some package (like dokuwiki) that
14 >> will let you make notes ...
15 >>
16 >> Cheers,
17 >> Wol
22 > Got it installed, got apache to work as well.  Thing is, it does .php
23 > pages and my web browsers don't open .php files.  It just wants to
24 > download them.  I'm not sure how to fix that, yet.  I'm making progress
25 > tho.
26 >
27 Quick google - have you installed and configured php - it's supposed to
28 run inside Apache so if your browser is seeing it, the problem is with
29 Apache ...
30
31 (As I said, I've emerged but not set up dokuwiki, and I must have set it
32 up in my previous system ten years ago ... so I've completely forgotten ...)
33
34 Cheers,
35 Wol