From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SystemRescueCD with nonm
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2019 10:29:24
1 On Tuesday, 1 January 2019 08:59:56 GMT Alarig Le Lay wrote:
2 > On lun. 31 déc. 14:01:16 2018, Jack wrote:
3 > > Couldn't you just dd it to a USB drive (without needing to mount the iso
4 > > first) and then mount the drive?
5 >
6 > You have to do a trick to dd this ISO to an USB drive, I don’t recall it
7 > exactly, but it’s on their website.
8
9 Yes, but first you have to loop-mount the .iso, which I can't do for some
10 reason; I get Operation not permitted. I've tried the iso and the CD I burned
11 from it, with the same result.
12
13 Ah. I've just thought. (Ping!) This is a 32-bit iso, so perhaps I have to
14 mount it in a chroot.
15
16 Nope. That's not it.
17
18 I'm part-way through an emerge -e (clutching at straws), so I'll wait for it
19 to finish, then try again after a reboot.
22 Regards,
23 Peter.