From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Trouble tweaking KDE package "six"
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 03:45:35
1 I've never tried to hack a KDE appliction before, and I'm having a
2 bunch of trouble just finding the right resources to RTF*.
3
4 The package is six-0.5.3, and I have some tweaks I got from the
5 original author back at release 0.3.3, but I cannot get them into the
6 0.5.3 source tree properly.
7
8 It involves a new target in Makefile.am, but if I run a new 'automake'
9 I get a Makefile.in which is _very_ different from the old one, and
10 won't even compile the old target. Most obviously, a bunch of *.moc
11 targets are not generated. The Makefile has some references to
12 'automoc', but that does not seem to be an executable or package in
13 Gentoo (but if I'm reading it right, it is a package in Ubuntu).
14
15 I have a book on autotools, but have only used them, not configured
16 them. I have a book on Qt (apropos of moc and automoc), but have
17 never written Qt code. My tweak is for a non-GUI alternative, so I
18 was hoping that the GUI stuff would just keep working and not bother
19 me. KDE itself seems to be largely lacking in programming docs (or I
20 just missed it), although there a a few short tutorials.
21
22 I'm not looking for answers (my questions may not yet be well-enough
23 formulated for that), but pointers to resources. Of course, if anyone
24 has answers, or can guide me, that would be welcome too.
27 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD
28 --
29 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list