From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Printer
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 12:23:34
1 On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 10:56:35 +0000, Wols Lists wrote:
2
3 > > That's not correct. My HP laser AIO can scan to email, a network
4 > > folder or a USB stick.
7 > Just downloaded an AIO manual (3050 series). It says the functionality
8 > is Windows only, and needs to be configured using a Windows program.
9 > Okay, that's probably bullshit, but ...
10
11 Maybe that's true of that model, but it's certainly not true of all HP
12 AIO devices.
13
14 > The Dell is programmed via its web interface, and will scan to any CIFS
15 > share.
16
17 As can my HP.
18
19 > But as I say, I'm sure when I've investigated in the past, it's always
20 > required software on the computer to do the scan or email - oh - the AIO
21 > manual says they can scan TO AN EMAIL PROGRAM. They can't "scan to
22 > email" as I understand it ... it sounds like it fires up Outlook or
23 > whatever, and sticks the scan in as an attachment. It doesn't sound like
24 > it will talk to an email server and send an email with the scan
25 > attached.
26
27 Then why does the configuration web interface ask for the mail server
28 details?
32 Neil Bothwick
33
34 The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!