From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: python3 question
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 21:31:40
1 On 1/13/21 9:22 PM, Victor Ivanov wrote:
2 > On 13/01/2021 20:06, n952162 wrote:
3 >>> What encoding is your editor using?
4 >>
5 >> vi?  How would I determine that?  My locale is C
8 > You could use:
9 >
10 >   :set fenc
11 >
12 > to display the current encoding used for the file, or
13 >
14 >   :set fenc=utf8
15 >
16 > to force UTF-8 or any other encoding of your chosing. You can also add
17 > a magic line with fenc to the file to always ensure that the specified
18 > encoding is used, assuming you also have magic lines enabled in vimrc.
19 >
20 > - Victor
23   fileencoding= 195,3         55%
26 I suspect that's really useful for languages other than latin1.