From: Robert Stockdale IV <bobstockdale@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge wine
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:22:47
1 On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > Robert Stockdale IV wrote:
4 > >
5 > > Well I got it compiling. However it seems to die with errors with the
6 > > USE flag and FEATURES. It also will not take the multilib use flag. I
7 > > use the -uDNav option on emerge and multilib is shown as (-multilib).
8 > > How can I get it to show multilib* instead of (-multilib). Thank you.
9 > > Bob
10 >
11 > You should add multilib to your make.conf file USE flags. If it is not
12 > a global need, put it in package.use.
13 >
14 > Question, are you new to Gentoo? If you are, maybe we need to go more
15 > into detail here.
16 >
17 > Dale
18 >
19 > :-) :-)
20 > --
21 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
24 multilib is in both /etc/make.conf and in /etc/portage/package.use. In fact
25 this is the line I have in the package.use file for gcc:
26
27 =sys-devel/gcc-4.2.3 multislot multilib altivec build fortran nls nocxx doc
28 gcj gtk hardened libffi objc vanilla ip28 ip32r10k n32 n64 objc-gc mudflap
29 objc++ openmp -sandbox
30
31 No, I'm not entirely new to Gentoo. I just recently returned after
32 approximately 2 years with Ubuntu. I missed Gentoo and portage. Was
33 reintroduced to it with Sabayon Linux and just came back to full blown
34 Gentoo. Still a little rusty with portage and gcc. Should have stuck with
35 Gentoo all along.
36 Thank you,
37 Bob