From: "Sébastien Picavet" <sebastien.picavet@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No room left on /boot
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2017 23:35:47
1 Hi,
2
3 Le dim 05 mar, 14:33:03 thelma@×××××××××××.com a écrit :
4 > What I my options to reduce kernel size or increase /boot partition?
5
6 You can use XZ compression:
7 config KERNEL_XZ
8 bool "XZ"
9 depends on HAVE_KERNEL_XZ
10 help
11 XZ uses the LZMA2 algorithm and instruction set specific
12 BCJ filters which can improve compression ratio of executable
13 code. The size of the kernel is about 30% smaller with XZ in
14 comparison to gzip. On architectures for which there is a BCJ
15 filter (i386, x86_64, ARM, IA-64, PowerPC, and SPARC), XZ
16 will create a few percent smaller kernel than plain LZMA.
17
18 > Can I remove System.map files from /boot partition?
19
20 I have never used this file. You need it for debugging purpose only (as I know).
21
22 You can achieve this with Grub2 ;)
23 # du -sh /boot/
24 9,6M /boot/