From: Roy Wright <roy@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} Screensaver to slideshow photos?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 07:10:22
1 James wrote:
2 > Grant <emailgrant <at> gmail.com> writes:
3 > How about using the internet as a
4 >> source for the photos?
5 >
6 > It's easy, if you run kde (3.5.9)
7 >
8 > --> control center
9 > --> screen saver
10 > --> Banners & Pictures
11 > --> Slide show
14 I'm close to getting a first release out for an app that can easily
15 fetch photos from Flickr. It allows multiple selection criteria for
16 fetching from users, groups, photosets, searches, and interestingness.
17
18 http://rubyforge.org/projects/flickrfetchr/
19
20 The project provides a high level class for inclusion in other ruby
21 applications and a command line interface (ideal for cron jobs).
22
23 I'm developing this as an enhancement to the screensaver in LinuxMCE so
24 it should support the features that you will want.
25
26 I'm currently crossing the T's and dotting the I's on the documentation...
29 Have fun,
30 Roy
31 --
32 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list