From: ny6p01@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] opendns.org
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 21:37:37
1 On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 04:06:38PM -0800, walt wrote:
2 > I just heard about opendns.org for the first time today, but their
3 > website makes it seem that I'm the only person in the solar system
4 > who's not already on the bandwagon.
5 >
6 > Anyone know if they are as wonderful as they sound?
10 I have used them for several years. They are very good, and the basic
11 service is free. I use them primarily for filtering and tracking blocked and
12 unblocked web page access.
13
14 Please note that I was not able to use the web IP page they suggest for
15 configuring ddclient. Instead, I use dnsomatic.com, and all works well.
16 DDclient is pretty easy to set up. Drop a line if you have any questions.
17
18 Terry