From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Why would portage not update a package?
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:56:52
1 Okay, I finished an "emerge --update --deep world" this morning. Everything
2 was cool.
3
4 This afternoon, however, I decide I want to install eclipse to migrate a
5 windows java development effort to my gentoo box.
6
7 Did an "emerge --pretend dev-util/eclipse-sdk" to see what I was going to get.
8
9 I was surprised to see it wanting to emerge ant-core because I thought I
10 already had it in place, so a quick eix call results in:
11
12 dnebinger@butthead ~ $ eix ant-core
13 Search results: 1
14 * dev-java/ant-core
15 Available versions: 1.5.4-r2 1.6.2-r5 ~1.6.5-r2
16 Installed: 1.6.2
17 Homepage: http://ant.apache.org/
19 XML configuration files.
20
21 So obviously it is in there, in my world file and everything.
22
23 The question is, shouldn't portage have updated to the latest -r5 ebuild as a
24 result of the "--update --deep world" update previously?
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list