From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Instrumenting the GPU
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 18:25:20
1 Am Montag, 13. November 2017, 11:59:06 CET schrieb Peter Humphrey:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I'm hunting a problem with cooling in this box, and I've got as far as
5 > suspecting my new AMD WX 5100 GPU.
6 >
7 > One of my BOINC projects causes the GPU temperature, as shown by gkrellm, to
8 > shoot up to 75C or more and cause intolerable system cooling noise. If I
9 > suspend that project but leave the other seven running, the temperature
10 > returns to what I hope is a normal 55C. Those seven projects are supposed
11 > to use the GPU, but I'm not sure whether they do in fact.
12 >
13 > Is there any way I can monitor what is using the GPU, to find out?
14
15 There's also https://github.com/clbr/radeontop, which happens to have an
16 ebuild.
19 Marc Joliet
20 --
21 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
22 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup