From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Googleearth: Filesize does not match recorded size
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 12:54:03
1 On 12/19/06, Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tuesday, 19 December 2006 22:40, Dale wrote:
3 > > Hi
4 > >
5 > > Has anybody else ran into this?
6 > >
7 > > [snip]
8 > >
9 > > It seems to be thinking it is getting a bad download. Is this a bug or
10 > > is it just me? It does the same thing each time, downloads it then
11 > > pukes it out. Since I am on this slow dial-up and it takes about 2
12 > > hours for this download, I would rather it either like it or stop
13 > > trying. :-/ I do have it installed though and it is pretty cool. ;-)
14 > >
15 > > If it is a bug, I'll file it. I just want to make sure it is not just me.
16 >
17 > Upstream does not version their downloads or allow distros to mirror the files
18 > so whenever google updates the application the manifest won't match. Either
19 > your portage tree is too old or google earth has been updated recently.
20 >
21 > --
22 > Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
23
24 I tried emerging itr and I'm seeing it also so it's not only you.
25
26 Probably wait a day or two and it will get fixed on the servers.
27
28 Cheers,
29 Mark
30 --