From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Choice of graphics card
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 11:50:40
1 Hello list,
2
3 It's approaching time to invest in a new system, and I'd like the panel's
4 views on which make of graphics card to choose: AMD, nVidia or Radeon. I
5 don't want to start a flame war, but which of those would give me the best
6 performance in GPU calculations? I have some BOINC projects in mind, which
7 apparently are greatly accelerated by using GPUs as well as CPUs.
8
9 The nouveau driver for nVidia can't do CUDA (GPU) calculations so I'd have
10 to use the nVidia driver; I don't know about the others which is why I'm
11 asking.
12
13 Does anyone here have an opinion to offer?
16 Rgds
17 Peter