From: Manuel McLure <manuel@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: CUPS -- fails better!
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 19:48:21
1 maxim wexler wrote:
2 > Nice try. But no change: the printer makes some noise,
3 > loads a sheet of paper then the trouble light starts
4 > blinking. Except now the error_log is not updating
5 > itself!
6 >
7 > FWIW, the printer does work from winXP.
8
9 I think part of the problem may be the fact that it's trying to print a
10 banner.
11
12 What I would try is to set up another printer queue, using "Raw Printer"
13 - this makes cups get out of the way as much as it can (even more than
14 -l would do.)
17 Manuel A. McLure KE6TAW <manuel@××××××.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
18 ...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,
19 no man may kill a cat. -- H.P. Lovecraft
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list