From: Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A little OT; ssmtp: Is this correct?
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 18:34:25
1 On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:26:24 -0500
2 Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > mailhub=baby.espersunited.com
5 > # Where will the mail seem to come from?
6 > rewriteDomain=root@××××××××××××××××××××.com
7 >
8 > # The full hostname
9 >
10 > # Gentoo bug #47562
11 > # Commenting the following line will force ssmtp to figure
12 > # out the hostname itself.
13 >
14 > # hostname=_HOSTNAME_
17 > This has worked fine for about a week until yesterday when I rebooted.
18
19 Is your hostname properly configured on the machine you rebooted?
20
21 > Now I'm seeing these in my log file:
22 >
23 > Jul 17 00:00:46 camille sSMTP[18912]: Set
24 > RewriteDomain="root@××××××××××××××××××××.com" is invalid
25
26 http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=ssmtp+RewriteDomain+%22is+invalid%22
27
28 First hit:
29
30 Comment by Alessandro Doro (adoroo) - Monday, 21 July 2008, 15:41 GMT-4
31 Dawid, your configuration is wrong.
32 rewriteDomain should only contain the domain name, without the username part.
33
34 Which makes some sense, given the name of the config option.
35
36 > But the mail that camille tries to send ends up in dead.letter.
37 > What's going on here?
38
39 If it ends up in dead.letter, it seems it's probably *your own* mail server rejecting it..?? Maybe have a look at "the exim server on baby.espersunited.com" to see why?
40
41 Anyway, you probably figured this out already.
42
43 Cheers,
48 | |ichael | |iggins \^ /
49 michael.higgins[at]evolone[dot]org