From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] foo2zjs make install error
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 11:43:07
1 On Tue, 15 April 2014, at 2:06 am, Dutch Ingraham <stoa@×××.us> wrote:
2
3 > … The error message I'm getting at the make install
4 > command is:
5 >
6 > "Error - foomatic-rip is not installed!
7 > Install foomatic packages for your OS
8 > make [install test] Error 1"
9 >
10 > …
11 > To stay out of TL;DR territory, a short list of what I have checked so far:
12 >
13 > - re-installed cups, cups-filters, foomatic-db, and foomatic-db-engine,
14 > with the same use flags on both working and non-working installs;
15 >
16 > - removed the foo2zjs package and re-downloaded and compiled from scratch;
19 I assume that one of these foo* packages supplies the foomatic-rip command, and that you can run foomatic-rip manually?
20
21 A quick grep of /usr/portage/net-print/ suggests the foomatic-filters package may be the one, but I wouldn't swear to it.
22
23 Stroller.